Friday, July 17, 2009

One small goal at a time!

For the first time in over a month I feel like I had a good week!

I really do struggle with time management, goals and priorities, so meeting one of my goals this week feels like an incredible accomplishment, even if it is a somewhat small goal in the grand scheme of things. This week I set a goal of getting a website up on my domain that actually works and can capture lead information for me while I'm out of town for almost two weeks. It's a wonderful feeling to have accomplished that goal!

I did have to let some of the other things I have going on slide a bit. Just based on this week though, I think I've found a good formula to work with when it comes to my own schedule. Setting daily goals and making daily schedules and to-do lists just leave me feeling overwhelmed and unproductive.

This week I set one major goal: Design website and get it up and working. Then I had a couple secondary goals: Go to my "problem" rental to mow the grass and remove all the staging items to get it ready for the new tenant, and to attend a meeting for Local Real Estate Deals Magazine to go over some new and exciting things we're working on. I also had to make time for the kids and took them to the pool and park a few days. So all in all it was a very successful week! Several of my "bottom" goals did not even get touched, but perhaps they will one day have their turn being the top goal of the week.

The working website was a primary goal for me because I am aiming to capture as many leads as I can over the internet. Taking tons of phone calls all day long is not feasible for my life, and paying a phone service is not yet in the budget (but I know the value of them having used one in my previous REI company). So my new marketing and mailers are all going to be driving sellers to my site to capture their information. Cross your fingers that it works for me!


So if I didn't email you back or take your call or meet with you this week, I hope you'll forgive me for putting on my blinders and working diligently on meeting my first of many weekly goals to come. Obviously I don't want to ignore the world every week, but think of everything I could accomplish if I could!


1 comment:

  1. Melody, I like it! It is tough to tackle those 'tasks' sometimes? But I know you can when you put your mind to it.
    Keep it up, George fyi, I will be closing on a Florida villa in mid August.

    ReplyDelete