Saturday, August 15, 2009

One hard week = A quad for Melody?

Nope, I haven't forgotten about my blog here. I've had one hell of a crazy week or so, chasing leads, answering the phone, looking at properties and generally feeling like I'm actually doing work. WORK. Ugh. Not exactly what I want to be calling it but hey, the going is starting to get tough so you know what that means...

I'm not going to go into much detail because I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak. But, you know how I've been hankering after a multi-family for a long time? Maybe you remember my goal of purchasing a 4-unit building this year? Well I did look at a quad on Monday that pretty much took the cake of all quads I've looked at over the last 10 months. Only one little catch, its an REO. Well, I wasn't about to let anything as small as being unfinanceable stop me from scooping up one of the best deals in town. I put in an offer on it the next day (had to get a POF letter and certified funds for the earnest money) and after some negotiations I am officially under contract with a DAMN good deal. Tons of equity and cashflow to be made on this baby. Now I'm just working out the whole financing problem. I may have found someone to partner with me and get the deal financed for a 50/50 split on the equity and some of the monthly cashflow. Fine by me, if it works out I'll gladly give up whatever it takes to get the deal done. It will be a win-win-win-win situation! :)

Found some other deals, not quite as exciting as that quad but still interesting, that may come to fruition soon. One is actually a pair of other quads that may become Sub2 deals. Its really been a tough week though. I've got to say that if I have to work this hard every week in order to do good business, I may have to just start looking for another job. Especially if all of the work I did this week actually turns out to make zero money. Won't that be a gigantic disappointment? I know its not going to be all bon-bons and rainbows in this business, but I am seriously exhausted and can't remember when I've ever been so busy. But, I think I've got at least one thing in the bag, hopefully two. So as long as something pans out I think I'll be okay with my progress.

Oh, and I may have said I would be blissfully at home for the whole month of August, but it would seem that duty calls and I am once again leaving for the great north and their most excellent pizza. Long distance rehabbing is quite interesting and with New York winter not too far off, we figure we should get as many visits in as we can while the weather is still good. So, I shall answer the call of the paintbrushes and drywall once again. Hey, what good is not having a J-O-B if I can't up and travel at any time for any reason at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment